Saturday, 27 June 2015

Fancy a cuppa?

I have made the pattern affectionately known as the Sheepot!


Oooh, I love a tea cosy. I usually make them with the intention of giving them away, but when I've finished them, I like them so much, I want to keep them.

This one is a spectacular learning opportunity. The sheep are knitted in the round in stranded colourwork and the spout and handle opening are then steeked (cut open!).

I was a little anxious about taking scissors to my knitting, but following Kate Davies's excellent instructions for crochet reinforcements means I will have no qualms at all about doing this in future. It's easy, in fact!

The pattern also had corrugated rib, provisional cast on, vikkel braid and icord bind off. Advanced techniques in a tea cosy. It's a lovely knit, and so if you feel like making it, you can find the pattern on Ravelry. You have to pay for it, but I assure you, it's worth it!

I used about 97 yards of 4-ply, in case you're wondering about the yarn requirements.

More tea, vicar?

No comments:

Post a Comment