Friday, 3 July 2015

Miniatures

I had fun with my innocent minihats last month. I already posted about the ice-cream themed ones, but as well as those, I made another which was an experiment: I miniaturised a colourwork hat I made previously.

Here's the original hat (photo was taken on my phone):


The hat was a pattern from the Lucinda Guy book Northern Knits. I am very fond of her patterns, and it's where the Marta bag that is currently on my needles comes from. If I was making that hat again though, I'd go up a needle size. It is a little snug, so I'm planning to offer it to my niece, but I digress...

Here's the mini version as an innocent minihat, just for fun.


I used the same yarn. The full size hat is in the pic for scale.

If you're a new reader and you don't know about the minihats, there is information here.

No comments:

Post a Comment